- Cook basmati rice with salt and turmeric powder.Chop up the spinach.I use a food processer , so that i can chop it real fine and the green will distribute well throughout the rice.
- Dry roast coconut , red chillies , pepper corns , cloves , cinnamon and coriander seeds till coconut is slightly browned and the spices gets aromatic.Grind them using a blender or coffee mill.
- Take a pan , heat some oil/ghee then add splutter the mustard seeds . Then add the urd dal , channa dal , cumin seeds , minced garlic , curry leaves and stir well till dals are browned.
- Add the onions and saute till they are soft . After that add the carrot and spinach.Cook till the vegetables are done and then add the powdered masala.
- Finally add the rice and lime juice. Mix gently .Garnish with nuts roasted in ghee and serve hot with raita.