1/3 cup Plain vegetable oil
1/2 lb Chicken(diced)
2 cups Meat(cooked, cubed or shredded)
1 Onion chopped
3 Garlic pods minced
2 inch piece Fresh ginger grated
a bunch scallions chopped
1 1/3 cup vegetables
(Frozen corn, celery,peas, carrots , bean sprouts)
4 large Eggs slightly beaten
4 cups Cold cooked long-grain rice
( white or jasmine rice, grains separated )
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp garam masla to sprinkle
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a large heavy-bottomed nonstick skillet on a high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Add onions, salt and pepper.Cook for 1 - 2 mins, until onion is fragrant.
- Add the garlic, ginger and stir-fry, until fragrant, for about 30 secs.
- Add all the vegetables except the bean sprouts. Cook, until just defrosted, but still crisp. Transfer contents of the skillet to a large bowl.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in the same pan.Add the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Stir the eggs constantly and cook, until almost set, but still moist.Transfer the egg to the bowl.
- Heat up the remaining oil in the same pan.Add rice and use a spoon to break up any clumps. Add salt and pepper and stir-fry the rice to coat evenly with oil.
- Stop stirring and then let the rice cook undisturbed, until its gets slightly crispy, for about 2 mins.
- Stir the rice again, breaking up any new clumps. Add the scallion greens ,bean sprouts and garam masala.Stir well for a minute and Transfer to the bowl. Stir all the ingredients together with the rice.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve hot.