- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.Grease two 8 inch or 9 inch round pans.
- Take flour , cocoa , baking soda in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Cream together butter and sugar using an electric mixer.Then add eggs one at a time and beat well.Then add the vanilla and milk and beat well.
- Then add the flour mixture gradually and mix well on low speed . When everything is well incorporated , beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into the 2 pans and bake for 30-45 minutes or till a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.Cool the cakes completely.
- Whip heavy cream very well with powdered sugar.
- Slice each cake horizontally to make four layers .Keep one cake on a flat plate.Spread 1/2 cup whipped cream over the cake.Then spread half of the pie filling over it. Keep the next layer on top and repeat the same.Then keep the 3rd layer on top. Frost the entire cake with the rest of the whipped cream(leaving 1/2 cup for border)
- Crumble the fourth layer and spread it all over the cake.Using the rest of the whipped cream pipe 12 rosettes on top of cake and top each with a maraschino cherry.