- Marinate the chicken pieces with salt , ground pepper , half of the ginger garlic paste and lime juice for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Heat about 2 tbsp oil in a pan .Shallow fry the chicken pieces for about 7 minutes of till lightly browned.Drain to paper towel and keep them warm.
- Add little bit more oil and add the curry leaves,green chillies and the rest of the ginger garlic paste.Saute for a while and then add the tomato sauce or puree. Bring it to a boil and add the chicken pieces.
- Add the garam masala and coriander leaves.Stir well .Cover and cook till chicken is tender.Add hot water in between , if required.
- Meanwhile in another pan , heat some more oil and saute the onions with little bit salt. Saute till the onions are well browned and carmalized.Drain to paper towels.
- Shutdown the flame when the chicken is cooked and the curry becomes dry.Add the browned onions and stir well.Serve hot garnished with extra chopped coriander leaves .