- Preheat oven to 350 degree F and well grease an 8 by 8 square baking tray.
- To make the topping , take brown sugar and 2 tbsp all purpose flour in a bowl.Add the 2 tbsp butter and mix it very well using hands till the mixture ressembles coarse crumbs.Mix in almonds and oats.Set aside.
- In a large bowl take 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour , baking powder , baking soda and sugar.Add the 1/4 cup butter at room temp and mix the dry ingredients well until it ressumbles coarse crumbs. Then add the beaten egg , buttermilk and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon mix just until blended.
- Pour the batter to the greased pan . Scatter the berries on the top of the batter . Then sprinkle the brownsugar crumble mixture evenly over the berries.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes until the cake is well risen and golden and a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean.Let it cool down and cut into squares.